MEMPHIS – Memphis High School students and staff have been redirected to virtual learning following an electrical fire on Monday, May 17.
The fire, which broke out in the early morning, was confined to the band hall, melting light covers, blackening walls and charring instruments.
According to a release from the district, firefighters also located a possible source of asbestos exposed by damage from the fire.
For more on this story, read The Red River Sun this week, or subscribe to the pdf version. ©Copyright 2021 The Red River Sun.