If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
By Whitney Wyatt
The Red River Sun
CHILDRESS – Brad and Tiffany Youell lost memories of their late fathers when a fire destroyed their single wide trailer house at 12:03 a.m. on Friday Feb. 19.
“It became a catastrophe too quickly,” Tiffany Youell said. “The last things of my dad’s and Brad’s dad are gone. I am heartbroken.”
She also lost her dad’s dog and three other dogs. While the Youell’s didn’t live in the trailer house, it was fully furnished. On top of that, Brad Youell’s son and a family friend kept their possessions in the house.
“They lost everything,” Tiffany Youell explained. “They have nothing.”
She said the fire started because of a space heater. Childress Fire Department Fire Chief Daniel Tyler said the house was a complete lose.
“The house was fully engulfed in fire on the fire department’s arrival,” he said. “Everyone got out of house with no injuries.”