If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Special to The Sun
SHREVEPORT, La. – Southwestern Electric Power Co. (SWEPCO) bills are sometimes being delivered past their due dates because of unprecedented delays in mail delivery. As a result, customers may be at risk for late fees, additional deposits and possible disconnections.
“SWEPCO offers a variety of digital payment options so that customers can stay on track with bill payments,” said Paul Pratt, director of Customer Services and Marketing. “These options can help you keep tabs on due dates and amounts, and make timely payments, even if mail is running late.”
Pratt advises customers to make a list of monthly bills, including the date each usually is due.
“Marking these dates on a calendar and when possible, setting up online payments and alerts is one way to ensure bills are paid on time,” Pratt said.
SWEPCO’s digital payment options
· Paperless Billing: Enroll in Paperless Billing at //SWEPCO.com/Paperless to have SWEPCO bills delivered by email. Customers can view their accounts securely with 24/7 access.
· Billing Alerts: Customers enrolled in billing alerts will receive a text or email alert with a bill’s due date and when payment is received. Once the alert is received, customers can visit //SWEPCO.com/Account and view the month’s bill.
· Mobile App: Through the SWEPCO mobile app, customers can make a bill payment using a bank account, credit or debit card, or find an in-person payment center. A service fee of $1.85 is collected by BillMatrix when payment is made with a credit or debit card.
· Immediate One-Time Payment: Customers can pay a bill by phone or online using a credit card, debit card, ATM card or checking account. A service fee of $1.85 is collected by BillMatrix when payment is made with a credit or debit card.
· Checkless Payment: This payment option is available for qualifying residential and commercial customers with satisfactory credit history. The amount owed is automatically transferred to SWEPCO from a checking or savings account on each bill’s due date. Customers receive the bill beforehand, allowing time to review it before payment is deducted.
Customers can enroll in a bill payment option online at SWEPCO.com or by phone at 1-888-216-3523. Customer Service Agents are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.